these are 6 lyrics from 6 songs i wish i had written:
6. i'm gonna turn on you/before you turn on me-"conjure me" afghan whigs
5. and these stilts i walk on/snap without my cross on-shadow of the dragon throats
4. back slapping drinkers cheer the heavyweight brawl-"watch your step" elvis costello
3. at the end of the line/i'm afraid that i will find/i spent all my time/disappointed-"disappointed" ass ponys
2. hear my lines aloof and gloomy/that's as close as you'll get to me-"charming mutt" martyrs
1. a fool will waste his life god rest his guts-"here comes a regular" replacements
i hate everyone of these people for writing better lyrics than i ever could. dulli for his lucid anger.mike for his creepy religious imagery. costello for his wit. the ass ponys 'cuz that's what i want on my tombstone.p. saur because that is the most heartbreaking and brutal line ever. and westerberg for summing it all up.
i will alwaus be the dave davies to their ray.